I thought I would share my experience in installing visual studio express for web installation. The indication regarding installation was not very good in the beginning of the installation. So I thought I will outline my experience which might be useful for some one!
- Downloaded the ISO file from Visual Studio 2012 downloads
- Double clicked on the file in Explorer. It prompted me to burn a disk which I did.
- 9:40 Am: Started installation from disk.
- Progress bar was stuck-up in installing .net 4.5
- Thought of canceling, but went and had a coffee
- 10:17 Am: Progress bar was still stuck, no indication and suddenly finished and prompted for restart
- After restart, seemed to be showing progress bar with meaningful indication
- 10:35 Am Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for web-ENU takes a long time: progress bar struck about 1/3rd
- 10:40 AM: progress bar moved to 1/2!
the bottom assembly installation names started changing faster!
- 10:45AM: Setup Successful !
- When you open the Visual Studio Express it prompts you to get a key which I did.
Celeron 1.7 GHz, 64 bit, 4 GB RAM,
Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1